A global production planning activity that assigns a sequence of activities to each resource.
Scheduling is the first step in the construction of a production plan. It is a global production planning activity that assigns a sequence of activities to each resource (mechanical, digital, human), taking advantage of production process simulation.
Factory Scheduling is the sedApta suite tool that enables the coordination and synchronization of decision-making activities. The tool schedules the production order by determining the optimal sequence on machines and work centres, in compliance with production capacity constraints and compatibility of the parts to be produced. The objective of the system is the dynamic allocation of the production order, verifying compliance with delivery terms and the available production capacity.
What does it manage?
- Can be proactive in the face of disruptive events and in the organisation and synchronization of internal and external suppliers and materials.
- Production plan generation using heuristic rules and constraints directly enabled by the user, allowing easy viewing of results through free, configurable key performance indicators and analysis descents.
- Forces the work plan in a simple and intuitive way, always having as reference the objective of respecting the indicators of the entire flow. Users operate in drag&drop mode directly on the work plan.
- Highlights any critical delivery dates through configurable alarms, and generates dynamic pegging between customer orders, work orders and supplier orders.
What are the benefits?
- Improved customer service.
- Generation of feasible and optimized work plans.
- Increased quality and promptness of supplier reminders.
- Decreased equipment queue times.
- Decreased plant setup.
- Immediate recalculation of the work plan in the presence of disruptions.