AG Tech Solutions is a born in the cloud professional services organisation that focuses on Cloud Management, FinOps, Security, DevOps, Cloud Migration, Automation, and Support.
Cloud Financial Management using FinOps is the practice of bringing financial accountability to the variable spend model of the cloud, enabling distributed teams to make business trade-offs between speed, cost, and quality.
According to Gartner, through 2022 in any given month, over 30% of the growing expenditure on software and cloud services will be unused.
Companies can cut their overall costs significantly by optimising their cloud costs.
FinOps teams adopt a comprehensive range of procurement best practices, allowing them to combine IT and finance functions to optimize cloud management, pricing, and discounting.
With FinOps each operational team can access real-time data to track its spending and make accurate decisions for achieving efficient cloud costs balanced against the performance and availability of services.
AG Tech will conduct a free 1-day assessment to discuss your Cloud Financial Management needs and how they might be addressed following FinOps practices on Azure.
Cloud Financial Management best practices using FinOps:
- Teams need to collaborate. Finance Controllers, Procurements, and IT
- FinOps reports should be accessible and timely.
- Decisions are driven by the business value of cloud.
- A centralised team drives FinOps. Typically a CCoE.
- Everyone takes ownership of their cloud usage.
- Take advantage of the variable cost model of the cloud.
Assessment of the current state against the core FinOps phases:
- inform: Understanding cost drivers, allocating spend and benchmarking efficiency.
- Optimise: Measure potential optimisation and set goals based on strategy.
- Operate: Define processes to ensure actions achieve goals.
- Azure Cloud Financial Management report, based on FinOps best practice, containing high-value opportunities for improvement.
- Proposal for FinOps implementation roadmap including timeline and pricing.