CANCOM’s specialists help you to realise Windows Virtual Desktop potential through our packaged approach to planning, design, deployment, adoption & management.
Ensuring a successful WVD deployment and adoption requires careful planning and execution. CANCOM’s WVD specialists utilise Microsoft’s Cloud Adoption Framework to ensure best practice and help you to realise WVD’s potential through our packaged approach to consultancy, planning & assessment, design, deployment, adoption, management and governance.
Our Windows Virtual Desktop FastStart service provides assessment and planning services to design a right-sized WVD solution for your needs which is scalable, secure, cost-effective and easy to manage.
During a WVD FastStart engagement we will carry out a number of assessments of your current environment to establish the following:
- Current End-User compute usage and performance
- OS and application requirements
- Current desktop image solution
- Any existing Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) which will require migration (e.g. Citrix, VMware or Remote Desktop Services farms)
- Current Microsoft licensing consumption (e.g. Microsoft 365)
With these assessments complete, we will analyse the findings and make recommendations covering:
- Right-sized WVD environment including required resource consumption considerations (such as CPU, Memory, IOPs and Network Utilisation)
- Workload approach (including Azure Landing Zone recommendations, desktop image usage, application refactoring, etc.)
- User profile approach (migrate or rebuild)
- Licensing optimisation (by taking advantage of usage rights included in your existing Microsoft 365 plans)
- ROI and TCO estimations
With experience in designing, deploying and supporting WVD solutions across both the public and private sector, in the UK and for global requirements, and ensuring compliance with regulations, CANCOM is positioned to support you on your journey to realising the productivity improvements, user experience enhancements and cost optimisations that Windows Virtual Desktop delivers.