The Data Warehouse Modernization service is for enterprises that are struggling to formulate a data strategy and who wish to asses and migrate their database workloads to Azure.
Data Warehouse Modernization is implemented by Cloud Data Architects, Cloud Engagement Managers and Cloud Data Engineers in a five phase approach.
* Intensive discovery with Data / Cloud experts working to uncover business priorities, success drivers, and pain points.
**Discovery and Assessment** (onsite/remote)
* Analysis of the current data landscape and architecture; and the technical aspects of the data warehouse to be modernized - *Workloads*, *Schemas*, & *Data* to create the migration plan and get sign off.
* Schema conversion (using SCT or similar tool), data loading, remediate stored procedures & functions, repoint/source/sink application to new data warehouse.
**Testing, final sync, and cutover** (onsite/remote)
* ETL pipeline validation, functional and non-functional testing, run catch-up sync, run final UAT, and cutover to new production systems.
* Meet at customers office to present the results of the migration along with any related consultative guidance.
1. **Detailed inventory spreadsheet for workloads, database, and tables** *(Spreadsheet)*
* Workload dependencies with Data Sources, Database, ETL pipelines and data models
* 5-Years Estimated Run Costs
* Main Shared Services costs assumption
2. **Final Report** *(Document)*
* Definition of migration strategies and criteria used
* Assessment for databases & workloads
* Run Costs estimates (5-years TCO & Managed Services)
* Results of migration to Cloud data warehouse, functional and stress testing
* High-Level view of the
3. **Executive Summary** *(Slide Deck)*
* Summary of migration strategies considered, decisions criteria and assumptions taken
* Migration strategies stats for Data Warehouses & applications components
* Run costs and Managed Services costs estimates