This course teaches Azure administrators and Azure Stack Hub operators how to plan, deploy, package, update, and maintain the Azure Stack Hub infrastructure.
This course outlines how decisions in each these area affects an overall solution. Students will learn through a mix of live demonstrations and hands-on lab activities. This course assumes a working knowledge of Azure and familiarity with virtualization, networking, and identity management. Students are expected to have used the tools common to within Azure environment, such as the Cloud Shell and Resource Explorer.
• Those who are interested in becoming Configuring and Operating a Hybrid Cloud with Microsoft Azure Stack Hub who provide cloud services to end users or customers from within their own datacenter using Azure Stack Hub. Azure Stack Hub operators responsibilities include planning, deploying, packaging, updating, and maintaining the Azure Stack Hub infrastructure. • They also offer hybrid cloud resources and requested services and manage infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS).
• Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including VMs and virtual networking • Understanding of Active Directory concepts, including domains, forests, and domain controllers • Understanding of network configuration, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies
• Overview of Azure Stack Hub 1. Azure Stack Hub 2. Datacenter integration 3. Azure Stack Hub PowerShell 4. Module review questions
• Provide Services 1. Manage Azure Stack Hub Marketplace 2. Offer an App Services resource provider 3. Offer an Event Hubs resource provider 4. Offer services 5. Manage usage and billing 6. Module review questions 7. Lab: Manage offers and plans in Azure Stack Hub 8. Lab: Add custom Marketplace Items by using the Azure Gallery Packager 9. Lab: Validate Azure Resource Manager (ARM) Templates with Azure Stack Hub 10. Lab: Optional Lab: Implement SQL Server Resource Provider in Azure Stack Hub
• Implement Data Center Integration 1. Prepare for Azure Stack Hub deployment 2. Manage Azure Stack Hub registration 3. Module review questions • Manage Identity and Access for Azure Stack Hub 1. Manage multi-tenancy 2. Manage access 3. Module review questions 4. Lab: Delegate Offer Management in Azure Stack Hub 5. Lab: Manage Service Principals in Azure Stack Hub
• Manage the Azure Stack Hub Infrastructure 1. Manage system health 2. Azure Monitor on Azure Stack Hub 3. Plan and configure business continuity and disaster recovery 4. Manage capacity 5. Update infrastructure 6. Manage Azure Stack Hub by using privileged endpoints 7. Azure Stack Hub Operator Access Workstation 8. Lab: Connect to Azure Stack Hub via PowerShell 9. Lab: Access the Privileged Endpoint in Azure Stack Hub 10. Lab: Manage Log Collection in Azure Stack Hub 11. Lab: Configure and manage Azure Stack Hub Storage Accounts 12. Lab: Manage Public IP Addresses in Azure Stack Hub 13. Lab: Configure Azure Stack Hub Infrastructure Backup