Web Application Protector offers automated WAF and DDoS protections that simplify the task of securing your web applications. With Web Application Protector, Akamai threat researchers combine advanced machine learning algorithms with visibility into attacks against thousands of customers to keep up with the latest threats, continuously refining security and transparently updating your configuration without any intervention required.
Web Application Protector plus Ion includes:
- Instant (0-second) mitigation of network-layer DDoS attacks
- Customizable rate controls to block application-layer DDoS attacks within seconds
- Curated WAF rules updated by Akamai threat researchers to keep up with the latest threats
- Automated WAF management model removes operational overhead from protecting web applications
- Automated API inspection protects APIs from web application attacks
- Origin cloaking to prevent direct-to-origin attacks from bypassing Edge-based defenses
- Granular attack visibility and reporting with executive-level dashboards and in-depth security analytics
Intelligent performance optimizations and controls that helps deliver superior web, iOS, and Android app experiences. Ion continuously monitors real user behavior — applying performance optimizations automatically adapting in real time to changes in content, user behavior, and connectivity.
- Adaptive Acceleration Deliver rich, personalized experiences to your users without lifting a finger. Machine learning uses real user behavior to continuously adapt and prioritize performance optimizations across your site. Ion determines the optimal time to push or compress content and pre-connect to third parties to deliver fast and optimized experiences automatically.
- Policy-Driven Optimization Provide differentiated user experiences with a range of content analysis and client-side optimizations to help users interact with your content sooner through advanced prefetching, adaptive consolidation, asynchronous loading, and script management, helping engage users with on-demand page and mobile app presentation.
- Real-time Self Service Management Keep your content fresh and engaging with web-based tools and APIs that simplify operations including content and traffic management, link management, and protection from attacks while helping your online properties scale to meet peak demand.
- Dynamic Acceleration Provide consistent performance over wired and cellular connections and realize improvements through protocol optimizations, including real-time IPv4/6 adaptation. User experiences benefit from fast and efficient modern web protocols like HTTP/2 and WebSockets.