Balabit Privileged Session Management (PSM) controls privileged access to remote IT systems, records activities in searchable, movie-like audit trails, and prevents malicious actions. For example, it records as the system administrator is configuring your database server, or your third-party providers maintaining your file servers. The recorded audit trails can be replayed like a movie to review the events exactly as they occurred. The content of the audit trails is indexed to make searching for events and automatic reporting possible. In case of any problems (server mis-configuration, unexpected shutdown, etc.) the circumstances of the event are readily available in the audit trails, thus the cause of the incident can be easily identified. PSM enables enterprises to audit privileged users across on-premise and Azure cloud by showing who did what to prevent insider threats and speed up forensics. PSM is especially suited to control privileged access users as mandated by many compliance requirements, like the PCI-DSS, ISO 2700x or GDPR. It is fast to deploy and integrates seamlessly into existing networks, so you can realize the ROI of better security quickly.
- A valid license from Balabit.
- A static IP address configured in Azure for the network interface of PSM.
- The hostname, as configured in Azure.
- Optional: The address of your DNS server. You can also use a public DNS server.
- Optional: For alerting, the address of your SMTP server.
- Physical interface: Enter the static IP address you have configured in Azure for the network interface. Use the /24 prefix.
- Default Gateway: Use the same IP address as for the Physical interface, but change the last number to 1 (xxx.xxx.xxx.1).
- Hostname: It's recommended to use the hostname you have configured in Azure.
- DNS server: Enter the address of your DNS server. You can also configure 22.214.171.124 (Google Public DNS), or any other public DNS server.
- SMTP server: Enter 0.0.0.0 to turn alerting off. To use alerting, enter the address of your SMTP server.
If you want to purchase a valid license for Privileged Session Management in Azure, please contact our sales department at firstname.lastname@example.org.