Ubuntu Pro is providing additional coverage for production environments running in the cloud.
Looking for additional security and compliance for your Linux environment?
Ubuntu Pro for Azure is a premium image optimized for professional and production environments running on Azure delivered by Canonical Publisher of Ubuntu. It includes security and compliance services, enabled by default, in a form suitable for small to large-scale Linux enterprise operations.
- FIPS 140-2 certified modules
- CIS hardened Ubuntu with CIS automation tooling to establish a security baseline across all your systems
- Automatic security updates applied to 30,000+ packages including Apache Kafka, NGINX, MongoDB, Redis and PostgreSQL
- Common Criteria (CC) EAL2 provisioning packages
- Kernel Livepatch: kernel patches are delivered immediately, without the need to reboot
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, optimised for Azure
Why developers and devops choose Ubuntu Pro for Azure
- 10-year lifetime maintenance: Ubuntu Pro 16.04 LTS provides extended maintenance through 2024
- Built for compliant and regulated environments: FedRAMP, HIPAA, PCI, GDPR or ISO
- Widest Open Source Security coverage: security patching of major open source workloads for production use
- Optional 24/7 support available through a private offer, contact us here for more information
- Non-stop security: Canonical publishes images on a daily basis, ensuring security is built-in from the moment an instance launches
- Optimised performance: optimized kernel, with improved boot speed, outstanding runtime performance and advanced device support
- Portability: Ubuntu Pro is available in all regions with content mirrors to avoid the need to go across regions or out to the Internet for updates
- Contracted through Azure