BIG-IP Virtual Edition (VE) is the industry-leading application delivery and security services platform. From intelligent L4-L7 load balancing, traffic management, and service offloading to application access, acceleration, and security, BIG-IP VE consistently ensures your applications are fast, available, and secure.
Depending on your license, you can deploy the following modules:
- Intelligent L4-L7 load balancing, SSL/TLS termination and offloading, health monitoring, connection state management, and programmatic control over application traffic with F5 iRules.
- High-performance DNS services and global server load balancing.
- Comprehensive multi-layered DDoS protection and network security.
- Secure, anytime, anywhere application access.
- WAF protection against a breadth of application layer security threats, including L7 DDoS, bot attacks, and all OWASP top 10 attack types.
– All capabilities of ASM, as well as bot mitigation for mobile apps, credential theft/abuse protection and behavioral analytics to block automated threats.
Choose an image with 2 boot locations if you expect to upgrade BIG-IP VE in the future. If you do not need room to upgrade (if you intend to create a new instance when a new version of BIG-IP VE is released), choose an image with 1 boot location.
Speed up and simplify your BIG-IP VE deployment by using a Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates from the F5 Networks GitHub Repository.
Annual support contracts may be purchased separately for BYOL offerings from F5 Technical Support Services.
F5 BIG-IP VE is also available for Azure Stack. See the link below for usage details.