itsme, a smarter way to be you
itsme® is a handy, welcome alternative to card-readers, passwords, 2FA, and multiple PIN codes. It is the future of identification and authentication of digital transactions in an increasingly digital world.
Once the app is installed, you can use your 5-digit itsme® code or fingerprint/Face ID to:
• log in to websites and apps
• create an account online with your verified ID data
• confirm (trans)actions and orders
• sign documents digitally
Improve the digital experience of your customers and integrate itsme® to your website or app. itsme® offers 4 services: identification, authentication, confirmation and signing.
What makes itsme® so special for your customers?
• Digital security of the highest level: itsme® always encrypt the data, when stored or when communicated to their partners (when the customer agrees to, of course) and protect all parties against attempts of fraud and tampering.
• Always correct ID data: by using itsme®, your customer shares information that you can fully trust. No more typos or missing info. A relief for businesses who are legally required to identify their customers. itsme® is an excellent alternative to your actual KYC-process.
• Online privacy: people don’t like to share personal information online. By working with itsme®, you give your clients the signal that they are not sharing unnecessary information, and that their data are completely safe.
Why is itsme® better than other digital ID authentication solutions?
Other solutions don’t give you the opportunity to share your verified ID data through an app in a secure way. itsme® is highly secure because it will only work if there is the right combination of your phone, your itsme® app and your personal itsme® code. It is a standard developed by four Banks and three Mobile Network Operators, with the highest security standards in mind. itsme® is trusted by them and by the Belgian government. No other solution compares.
This application is available in English, Dutch, French and German
itsme® was recognised by the Belgian government as an official form of digital identity in January 2018 and on a European level in December 2019 (LOA high eIDAS).
The itsme® app is used extensively in the financial sector because it complies with PSD2, FATF and GDPR guidelines.
itsme® is ISO27001-certified and eIDAS Qualified Trust Service Provider.