Postgres Professional is a key contributor to PostgreSQL community.
At Postgres Professional we develop Postgres Pro Database, a private PostgreSQL fork.
Each new Postgres Pro Database version is the latest PostgreSQL database version with patches committed to PostgreSQL community and Postgres Pro extensions/patches which are open source in most cases.
Postgres Pro Database is available in both Standard and Enterprise editions.
Postgres Pro Standard Database comes with SQL and NoSQL support in a single high performing and reliable solution.
Postgres Pro Enterprise Database contains more features on top of Postgres Pro Standard Database to work with large databases and process lots of transactions.
Key features of Postgres Pro Enterprise Database:
- Compressed file system (CFS) to minimize data footprint which allows the database to run faster
- Multimaster to setup high-performance, scalable, fault-tolerant shared-nothing cluster with synchronous logical replication
- Advanced partitioning to manage large databases easier
- Reliable incremental backup to protect the database more efficiently
- Jobs scheduler, hints support, backup utility and other features to simplify database manageability
- Autonomous transactions, 64-bit transaction id (xid), covering indexes, adaptive planning (ML-based) to build applications more efficiently
Here you can find more information about Postgres Pro Enterprise 10 features.
- Postgres Pro Enterprise Database customers can get technical support via firstname.lastname@example.org