series brings industry leading NGFW capabilities such as application intelligence and control, real-time monitoring, IPS, TLS/SSL decryption and inspection, advanced threat protection, VPN and network segmentation capabilities to protect your Azure environment. NSv
supports all security and networking features similar to SonicWall Next generation Physical Firewall appliances including our patented Reassembly Free Deep Packet Inspection (RFDPI) technology and award-winning Capture ATP sandbox with Real-Time Deep Memory Inspection (RTDMI) for advanced threat protection.
- Next-generation Security for public cloud infrastructure and resources
- Gain complete visibility into virtual environment for threat prevention
- Implement proper security zoning and ensure appropriate placement of policies
- Defend against zero-day vulnerabilities with SonicWall Capture ATP
- Prevent any service disruption in the virtual ecosystem
- Centralized control and visibility with single-pane-of-glass management via Capture Security Center
- Agility and scalability without performance impact
- Security governance, compliance and risk management
- Internet Gateway for ingress/egress traffic protection
- Lateral protection of east-west traffic
- Secure end-to-end remote access
License and Registration
- Multi-cloud secure connectivity
SonicWall Network Security Virtual (NSv
) (BYOL) requires product registration and activation with MySonicWall
. For more information on how to register the product refer to the NSv
Getting Started Guide.
Configuring the NSv
Launch a browser and enter the below URL
DNS or IP]
On the login page, type in the following default credentials.
The default credentials are:
You will need to change the password when you login the first time.
For deployment of Gen6 NSv models (NSv10/25/50/200/400/800/1600) refer: https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/how-do-i-deploy-an-old-version-of-nsv-on-azure/191202144945079/
Note: SonicWall supports most IPsec VPN data center or cloud solutions including models from Cisco, Fortinet, Palo Alto Networks, Sophos, Watchguard, Barracuda Networks, Check Point, Netgear, Zyxel, McAfee, Huawei, Forcepoint, Citrix Systems, Hewlett Packard, D-Link, OpenSwan, pfSense, Vyatta, and best effort for any IPsec device that supports: IKEv1/2, AES 256/128, SHA1, MD5, and NAT-Traversal standards.