BrainScale’s DRaaS service enables you to protect applications and data from natural/human disasters or service disruptions by enabling a full recovery in the cloud.
BrainScale’s DRaaS solution helps you measure the impact, establish comprehensive recovery objectives, and tests these metrics in a simulated environment. Our proven process and service frameworks ensure DR drills are performed with little to no downtime on production.
This DRaaS workshop provides with a basic flow of process that we follow to enable DR and a demo of some of the DR tech that will be used to enable DR.
Three Phase approach to DRaaS
- Business Impact Analysis (BIA) for Application
- Requirements for DR Tier RTO/RPO (Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum)
- Application Assessment / Infrastructure Assessment
- Azure to Azure , On-Prem to Azure DR considerations
- DR Cost Estimate Creation and Approval (Protection Cost/Running Cost)
- DR Architecture Design (Infrastructure Architecture diagram IAD creation)
- Implementation of DR environment (Non-Production/Production) in Azure
- Scripting and pre-staging of IaaS/PaaS components using Azure Native technologies
DR Drill Phase
- Mock Failover Test of Resources
- DR Test of Lower Environment using ASR
- Validation of RTO/RPO
- DR Drill of Production environment
- Postmortem Report / DR Recovery Document
Walkthrough of Tools
- ASR for IaaS VMs
- Always on Availability Group for PaaS SQL servers
- Traffic manager for routing traffic based on availability
- Automation Solutions
- Third Party Tools like Zerto