Modernise and optimise your Microsoft Data Platform licensing, including Azure and SQL Server
* Approaching a license renewal or true-up?
* Trying to optimize licensing for ageing data platform estates?
* Looking to optimize your investment and ensure efficient license compliance?
Many organizations struggle with mixed data platform estates that include unsupported versions. In addition, database workloads are increasingly consolidated or moved to the cloud or to hybrid solutions. Microsoft licensing is complex and choosing the wrong license vehicle can result in inefficient spend or reduce options in future.
Organizations also often own a range of license types, from Server/ CAL to SQL Server and Azure. Some licenses may have active Software Assurance (SA), and other licenses may have lapsed or no SA. This engagement helps you ensure compliance and optimize licensing your Microsoft Data Platform. Coeo focus specifically on the solution design and deployment to help you maximize the value of your Microsoft license investment and provide a flexible and future-proof design
We will provide a high-level solution design that supports growth, providing the right level of performance and availability. The engagement comprises the following phases:
* Discovery: data collection on SQL Server estate, versions and editions
* Model: grouping database workloads into similar characteristics of performance and availability
* Design: identify target solution designs and recommend optimal platform for licensing, including options on Azure
Following these phases, you will receive a written report and stakeholder presentation, covering the following topics:
* Summary of existing deployed estate
* License requirements for existing Microsoft Data Platform estate
* Recommendations for tactical workload optimization
* Strategic roadmap to improve cost efficiency and platform value
* Identification of candidate workloads for on-premise consolidation or cloud deployment