- Consulting services
Solution Assessment for Azure Migration Engagement: 4 weeks
An in-depth analysis of a targeted workload or application, complete with a reference architecture and a migration plan to support the move to Azure
The Azure Migration Engagement is an in-depth analysis of a targeted workload or application, complete with a reference architecture and a migration plan to support the move to Azure.
Executive Overview Objectives and Scope of the engagement specific to customer business outcome objective. Scope and approach with timelines of the engagement – what are the results proposed and asks of the customer – e.g., We expect to migrate 3 workloads within x timeframe Brief background on what the partner brings to the engagement – e.g. managed service, tools, customer refs etc. and who the team is from the partner and how this connects to the project
Phase 1: Architecture design • Detailed architecture based on performance data, application dependency mapping, and desired end state for management • Cost-consumption estimates with one and three-year options across pay-as-you-go, Azure Hybrid Use Benefit (AHB), and Reserved Instances (RI) • Gap analysis of current governance principles (security, identity, cost, deployment acceleration) specific to workload/application(s) in scope
Phase 2: Migration Plan • Migration plan to move with ease and confidence on budget and within timelines
Executive Summary - overview of engagement scope, customer objectives, and recommendations based on analysis and outcome of engagement. Strategy + Plan Workshop aligned to Microsoft's Cloud Adoption Framework. Outputs to include:
• Analysis of current customer infrastructure and proposal to help customers transition to the cloud and embark on modernization initiatives.
• Cloud Adoption Plan
• CAF Governance Analysis & Landing Zone Recommendations
• Data-driven findings on respective scenario, workload, VM’s and/or applications:
• Recommended VM profiles, Storage, Networking, Monitoring, and other Azure services required to migrate what is in scope. • Azure Consumption Estimates for Azure (PAYG, AHUB, RI over 1 and 3 years) • Azure service and architecture design recommendations • Migration Plan
• Migration services proposal/SOW, per project, based on the data collected during the engagement