This is 3-days Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF) aligned workshop for Readiness Assessment of current environment, Cloud Strategy & Roadmap, defining best practices for migrating workloads to Azure Cloud
HCL's Cloud Migration 3-day Workshop as well as the actual Migration Services to Azure Cloud is based on Microsoft Best practices defined as per Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF).
HCL's Overall Cloud Migration Journey is spread across 6 phases viz Strategy, Plan, Ready, Adopt, Govern and Manage (as per CAF). The Overall Workshop delivery would cover activities defined under the "Strategy" & "Plan" phases of Cloud adoption framework.
Day1 - Strategy Phase
1. Understand motivations
- reasons for cloud adoption, a key to developing an effective adoption strategy.
2. Identify desired business outcomes
- Establish clear business outcomes that align with motivations.
- Use CAF templates to align stakeholders and decision makers on deciding which outcomes to prioritize.
3 Define business justification
- Define business case and a model to project the business impact of cloud adoption strategy.
Day 2 & Day 3 - Plan Phase
1. Take inventory of clients digital estate
- Catalog all of your workloads, applications, data sources, virtual machines, and other IT assets and evaluate them to determine the best way to host them in the cloud.
2. Create Cloud Plan
- Create adoption plan by prioritizing workloads based on their business impact and technical complexity.
- Document the findings showcasing the long term transformational business benefits.
HCL would utilize DPrizm tool built on a ‘Patented Cloud Assessment Framework’ for Technology Suitability, Application Complexity, Demand Elasticity, Availability, Level of Integration, Data Security & Sensitivity etc.
1) IaaS/PaaS Readiness Index
2) Application treatment assessment - if it would be Re-host (Lift & Shift) or require application Modernization services likes of Re-factor, Re-platform, Rearchitect, Re-container etc.
3) Target Deployment Model
4) Migration Complexity Assessment
5) High Level Migration Plan
6) Design & Implementation Effort Estimates