Server infrastructure assessment to analyze workload utilization and provide Azure migration recommendations and cost projections.
A successful cloud migration plan starts with a clear, data-driven understanding of your current server infrastructure. This assessment delivers a foundational understanding of server workloads running across your estate and provides an in-depth understanding of the resource utilization of those workloads. From this data, we provide a detailed Azure readiness and sizing analysis, right-sizing and platform recommendations, and Azure cost models to enable detailed migration planning and identify application candidates for an Azure Migration Proof of Concept as a common next step.
**Weeks 1-2 – Data Collection**
* Inventory of server infrastructure
* Collection of workload utilization metrics
**Weeks 3-4 – Infrastructure Analysis**
* Categorize workloads, such as identifying non-production
* Produce Azure VM sizing, preliminary modernization opportunities, and cost modeling
**Weeks 5-6 – Application-level Analysis**
* Target an application candidate for migration
* Group workloads by application dependencies
* Assess application-level readiness
* Estimate Application Modernization level of effort
* Server Inventory Report, including hardware, OS, and software attributes
* Azure VM Migration Report, including workload utilization metrics, Azure readiness, optimized VM and Storage profiling, and cost projections
* Application Readiness Report, including PaaS compatibility and remediation considerations