With Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD)(formerly Windows Virtual Desktop), Move offers a comprehensive virtualization service through the Windows Azure cloud service
A 2-week PoC will give the customer a good insight in how Azure Virtual Desktop will work in their business, and have a solid base for deciding further implementation.
Azure Virtual Desktop opens a host of possibilities:
- Multi session Windows 10 deployment delivered as a full, saleable Windows 10 deployment.
- Office 365 ProPlus is virtualized and optimized for multiuser environments.
- Windows 7 virtual desktops with free, Extended Security Updates are available
- Virtualize desktops and/or applications
WEEK ONE: Mapping/requirements week
Preliminary workshop with the following goal:
- Map out the customer’s needs and make a requirements specification
- Define applications suited to run in AVD
- Define a pilot user group
- Educate and inform the customer using a AVD lab demo
Post workshop presentation that contains:
- A requirements specification of what must be part of the PoC
- A draft of the architecture, complete with a design and cost estimate of the solution
- The solution will then be deployed in Azure as soon as the customer accepts the parameters
WEEK TWO: Pilot week
Deploy and start a pilot
- The Move consultant that is responsible for the customer presents the pilot to the customer
- The pilot users test the solution against the requirement specification.
- Testing is done in close cooperation with a team of Move consultants
Post pilot week, the customer gets a report containing:
- The Azure architecture
- Results and evaluation of the pilot week and testing
- Cost estimate of a full implementation
- A recommendation of «where to go» after the PoC
A AVD Proof of Concept is suitable for organizations that haven’t already virtualized their desktops, and organizations that need to upgrade their existing virtual desktop solutions.