This course teaches IT Professionals experienced in SAP solutions how to leverage Azure resources that include deployment and configuration of virtual machines, virtual networks, storage accounts.
Students of this course will learn through concepts, scenarios, procedures, and hands-on labs how to best plan and implement migration and operation of an SAP solution on Azure. Your will receive guidance on subscriptions, create and scale virtual machines, implement storage solutions, configure virtual networking, back up and share data, connect Azure and on-premises sites, manage network traffic, implement Azure Active Directory, secure identities, and monitor your solution.
• This course is for Azure Administrators who migrate and manage SAP solutions on Azure. Azure Administrators manage the cloud services that span storage, networking, and compute cloud capabilities, with a deep understanding of each service across the full IT lifecycle. They take end-user requests for new cloud applications and make recommendations on services to use for optimal performance and scale, as well as provision, size, monitor and adjust as appropriate. • This role requires communicating and coordinating with vendors. Azure Administrators use the Azure Portal and as they become more proficient they use PowerShell and the Command Line Interface.
• Hands-on experience with Azure IaaS and PaaS solutions, including VM, VNet, Load Balancers, Storage (Blob, Files, Disks). • Understanding of on-premises and cloud virtualization technologies, including: VMs, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks. • Understanding of network configuration, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies. • Understanding of Active Directory concepts • Experience with Linux/Unix environments.
• Explore Azure for SAP workloads 1. Contains Lessons covering Azure on SAP workloads 2. SAP and Azure common terms and meanings 3. SAP-certified configurations 4. Architectures for both SAP NetWeaver with AnyDB and SAP S4 HANA on Azure virtual machines. • Explore the foundations of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) 1. Contains lessons on Azure compute 2. Azure storage 3. Azure networking 4. Databases in Azure
• Explore the foundations of identity and governance 1. Contains lessons on identity services 2. Azure remote management 3. Azure governance and manageability 4. Lab: Implementing Linux clustering on Azure VMs 5. Lab: Implementing Windows clustering on Azure VMs • Deploy SAP on Azure 1. Contains lessons on deployment of single-instance implementations (2-tier and 3-tier) 2. Implementation of high availability in SAP NetWeaver with AnyDB on Azure virtual machines 3. Lab: Implement SAP architecture on Azure VMs running Linux 4. Lab: Implement SAP architecture on Azure VMs running Windows
• Ensure business continuity and implement disaster recovery for SAP solutions on Azure 1. Contains lessons on implementation of high availability for SAP workloads in Azure Disaster recovery for SAP workloads in Azure 2. Backups and restores • Migrate SAP workloads to Azure 1. Contains lessons on use of the SAP workload planning and deployment checklist 2. Migration options - including database migration option (DMO) methodology 3. Cloud migration options 4. How to migrate very large databases (VLDB) to Azure
• Monitor and troubleshoot Azure for SAP workloads 1. Contains lessons on monitoring requirements of Azure for SAP workloads 2. Configuration of Azure Enhanced Monitoring Extension for SAP 3. Azure virtual machine licensing, pricing, and support • Explore SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances) 1. Contains lessons on Explore the foundations of SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances) 2. SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances) certified offerings 3. SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances) sample architecture 4. SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances) planning considerations 5. SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances) high availability and disaster recovery, "backup, security, licensing, and support" considerations for SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances) 6. Implementation and deployment of SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances) 7. Management of SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances) 8. Monitor and troubleshoot SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances) 9. Implementation of business continuity, disaster recovery, and backup