Learn how to investigate, respond to, and hunt for threats using Microsoft Azure Sentinel, Azure Defender, and Microsoft 365 Defender.
Microsoft Security Operations Analyst course will learn how to mitigate cyberthreats using these technologies. Specifically, you will configure and use Azure Sentinel as well as utilize Kusto Query Language (KQL) to perform detection, analysis, and reporting.
• The Microsoft Security Operations Analyst collaborates with organizational stakeholders to secure information technology systems for the organization. Their goal is to reduce organizational risk by rapidly remediating active attacks in the environment, advising on improvements to threat protection practices, and referring violations of organizational policies to appropriate stakeholders. • Responsibilities include threat management, monitoring, and response by using a variety of security solutions across their environment. The role primarily investigates, responds to, and hunts for threats using Microsoft Azure Sentinel, Azure Defender, Microsoft 365 Defender, and third-party security products. • Since the Security Operations Analyst consumes the operational output of these tools, they are also a critical stakeholder in the configuration and deployment of these technologies.
• Basic understanding of Microsoft 365 and scripting concepts. • Fundamental understanding of Microsoft security, compliance, and identity products • Intermediate understanding of Windows 10 • Familiarity with Azure services, specifically Azure SQL Database and Azure Storage • Familiarity with Azure virtual machines and virtual networking
• Mitigate threats using Microsoft 365 Defender
1. Introduction to threat protection with Microsoft 365 2. Mitigate incidents using Microsoft 365 Defender 3. Remediate risks with Microsoft Defender for Office 365 4. Microsoft Defender for Identity 5. Protect your identities with Azure AD Identity Protection 6. Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps 7. Respond to data loss prevention alerts using Microsoft 365 8. Manage insider risk in Microsoft 365 9. Lab: Mitigate threats using Microsoft 365 Defender
• Mitigate threats using Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
1. Protect against threats with Microsoft Defender for Endpoint 2. Deploy the Microsoft Defender for Endpoint environment 3. Implement Windows security enhancements 4. Perform device investigations 5. Perform actions on a device 6. Perform evidence and entities investigations 7. Configure and manage automation 8. Configure for alerts and detections 9. Utilize Threat and Vulnerability Management 10. Lab: Mitigate threats using Microsoft 365 Defender for Endpoint
• Mitigate threats using Microsoft Defender for Cloud
1. Plan for cloud workload protections using Microsoft Defender for Cloud 2. Workload protections in Microsoft Defender for Cloud 3. Connect Azure assets to Microsoft Defender for Cloud 4. Connect non-Azure resources to Microsoft Defender for Cloud 5. Remediate security alerts using Microsoft Defender for Cloud 6. Lab: Mitigate threats using Microsoft Defender for Cloud
• Create queries for Microsoft Sentinel using Kusto Query Language (KQL)
1. Construct KQL statements for Microsoft Sentinel 2. Analyze query results using KQL 3. Build multi-table statements using KQL 4. Work with string data using KQL statements 5. Lab: Create queries for Microsoft Sentinel using Kusto Query Language (KQL)
• Configure your Microsoft Sentinel environment
1. Introduction to Microsoft Sentinel 2. Create and manage Microsoft Sentinel workspaces 3. Query logs in Microsoft Sentinel 4. Use watchlists in Microsoft Sentinel 5. Utilize threat intelligence in Microsoft Sentinel 6. Lab: Configure your Microsoft Sentinel environment
• Connect logs to Microsoft Sentinel
1. Connect data to Microsoft Sentinel using data connectors 2. Connect Microsoft services to Microsoft Sentinel 3. Connect Microsoft 365 Defender to Microsoft Sentinel 4. Connect Windows hosts to Microsoft Sentinel 5. Connect Common Event Format logs to Microsoft Sentinel 6. Connect syslog data sources to Microsoft Sentinel 7. Connect threat indicators to Microsoft Sentinel 8. Lab: Connect logs to Microsoft Sentinel
• Create detections and perform investigations using Microsoft Sentinel
1. Threat detection with Microsoft Sentinel analytics 2. Security incident management in Microsoft Sentinel 3. Threat response with Microsoft Sentinel playbooks 4. User and entity behavior analytics in Microsoft Sentinel 5. Query, visualize, and monitor data in Microsoft Sentinel 6. Lab: Create detections and perform investigations using Microsoft Sentinel
• Perform threat hunting in Microsoft Sentinel
1. Threat hunting concepts in Microsoft Sentinel 2. Threat hunting with Microsoft Sentinel 3. Hunt for threats using notebooks in Microsoft Sentinel 4. Lab: Threat hunting in Microsoft Sentinel