This three-day course is intended primarily for IT Professionals who already have significant experience with managing an on-premises Windows Server environment
The course also provides information on other Azure Stack products as well as describes how existing System Center products can be used to implement and manage software-defined datacenter with Windows Server 2019. This course is advanced and is aimed at people that want to run their virtual workloads on Windows Server 2019 at medium to large scale using software-defined datacenter and hyper-converged principles.
• This course is for IT professionals/developers who manage on-premises Windows Server environments and want to use Azure to manage server workloads and run their virtual workloads on Windows Server 2019. They also want to use existing Microsoft System Center products to implement and manage software-defined datacenters with Windows Server 2019.
• Experience with managing Windows Server operating systems and Windows Server virtualized workloads in on-premises scenarios • Experience with implementing and managing Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) services in Microsoft Azure • Basic knowledge of Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) • Intermediate knowledge of PowerShell scripting, PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC), and Windows Server–based compute and storage high-availability technologies • Intermediate knowledge of core Microsoft compute, storage, networking, virtualization technologies including security-related technologies
• Introducing Azure Stack HCI 1. Overview of Azure Stack HCI 2. Overview of Azure Stack HCI technologies 3. Overview of Azure Stack HCI management tools 4. Overview of the Azure Stack HCI implementation process • Operating and maintaining Azure Stack HCI 1. Implementing and managing workloads on Azure Stack HCI 2. Maintaining Azure Stack HCI 3. Lab A: Provisioning the lab environment 4. Lab B: Using Windows Admin Center in hybrid scenarios
• Planning for and implementing Azure Stack HCI storage 1. Overview of Azure Stack HCI Storage core technologies 2. Planning for Storage Spaces Direct in Azure Stack HCI 3. Implementing a Storage Spaces Direct-based hyper-converged infrastructure 4. Managing Storage Spaces Direct in Azure Stack HCI 5. Planning for and implementing Storage QoS 6. Planning for and implementing Storage Replica 7. Lab : Implementing Storage Spaces Direct on hyper-converged infrastructure
• Planning for and implementing Azure Stack HCI networking 1. Overview of Azure Stack HCI core networking technologies 2. Overview of Network Virtualization and SDN 3. Planning for and implementing Switch Embedded Teaming 4. Planning for and implementing Software Load Balancing 5. Planning for and implementing Datacenter Firewall 6. Planning for and implementing RAS Gateways 7. Lab A: Deploying Software-Defined Networking 8. Lab B: Implementing Software-Defined Networking on hyperconverged infrastructure