This 7-10 day migration implementation is the continuation of the 1-Day Technical Analysis, where we migrate your servers, apps, databases and workloads to Microsoft's SQL as a Service on Azure Cloud.
Moving your servers, apps, databases and other workloads to Azure cloud, is the right approach for a lot of organisations. Azure SQL Database is a fully managed SQL Server database engine, based on the latest stable Enterprise Edition of SQL Server in which the latest updates and patches are automatically applied, meaning you are always up to date, thus eliminating end-of-support hassle.
Following the completion of a Technical Analysis which assesses your business requirements & current configuration, we commence a 7 step Migration plan as follows;
- Step 1: Integration Point Identification
- Step 2: Data Integrity Check
- Step 3: Database Backup / Restorability Verification
- Step 4: Database Migration to New Version of SQL
- Step 5: Database Reconfiguration / Validation
- Step 6: Maintenance Plan Configuration
- Step 7: Integration Point Validation to New Database & Go Live!
Some of the Key Benefits of taking this migration route are:
- Increased Security
- Enhanced System Performance
- Future Proofed, Scalable Platform
- Reduced Long Term Support Costs
While strengthening your security posture is an immediate and necessary result of migration, it’s also an opportunity for you to implement new technologies enabling you to elevate operational efficiencies – while you invest in security to mitigate risk, you can simultaneously accelerate business competitiveness. It’s really not just a technical decision to migrate, it’s a business decision.