SHI's Rapid Storage Connect for Azure service enables customers to have multiple choices to backup and recovery data, both on-premises and in the cloud.
Backup software continues to have deeper integrations with cloud storage. Due to lower TCO, consumption-based pay-as-you-go billing, and scalability, cloud storage is a fast-growing and increasingly viable option for backup storage and long term retention. With Rapid Storage Connect, we'll connect on-premise backup software to Azure for the purposes of data backup and retention. Our solution supports Cohesity, Commvault, Rubrik, Veeam, Veritas and many more.
### Specific Goals and Objections
* Review current state of on-prem backup software
* Review pricing of cloud services, focusing on the monthly cost for storage
* Design a strategy to back up to the cloud and retain backups in the cloud
* Configure backup to connect to cloud repository
* Review backup policies & procedures
* Perform a test backup and restore
* Perform an additional 2 hours of knowledge transfer
* Lower operational costs by tiering to more scalable cloud storage
* Free up your data center by offloading archive data
* Encrypt data in flight and at rest to reduce security risks
* Automate enforcement of policies for long-term archiving
* Control costs by aligning SLAs with your data management policies
* Keep pace with rapid data growth requirements
* Architecture diagram
* Cloud environment setup
* Backup configuration summary
* Future backup options to enhance cloud backup
* Other pertinent notes identified by implementation engineer
* Estimated price provided is based on standard deployment scope. Customer requirements such as number of backup policies, number of backup targets, etc. could increase scope and price.
* Actual estimates for timeline and costs are dependent on the scope of the engagement.
* Azure subscriptions and third party software are not included and must be provided by the client.