Learn to perform Linux migration to Azure using Lift and Shift techniques with both IaaS & PaaS Model
In this one-day training course along with hands-on lab, you learn about, various strategies of migrating Linux servers to Azure and will migrate an on-premises based sample help desk application called OsTicket, to Azure. This will be a two-phase lab to lift-and-shift the application into Azure IaaS and then migrate it to Azure PaaS. The application is Linux based using Apache, PHP and MySQL (LAMP). During the process of these phases, you will learn how to ensure zero data loss.
By the end of the workshop, you will be better able to configure Linux VMs and VM Scale Sets in Azure for availability, storage, and connectivity. You will also be better prepared to migrate data from on-premises to Azure, establish connectivity between multiple regions and on-premises to Azure. You will also learn how to deploy and scale applications to Azure Web Apps on Linux.
Workshop price includes training, guided hands-on lab along with Azure Accounts and subscriptions.
## Target Audience
* Infrastructure Architect
* Linux Administrators
* Azure IT Professionals
* Module 1: Migrate to Azure IaaS VM Scale Sets and MySQL cluster
* Simulate on-prem Infrastructure
* Deploy the MySQL HA cluster
* Connect to the MySQL cluster and restore the database
* Deploy the Virtual Machine Scale Set for the sample Application
* Connect the MySQLVNet to the Scale Sets VNet
* Export the database from the MySQL cluster and migrate to Azure
* Module 2 Migrate the Sample application from Azure IaaS to PaaS
* Create the MySQL database
* Restore the database to MySQL PaaS
* Create the Web App
* Migrate the on-prem sample application to WebApp