In this 1-day, instructor-led workshop, you will design an IoT solution to allow employees and customers to track assets from any device.
In this 1-day, instructor-led workshop, you will be guided through an implementation of an end-to-end mobile baggage tracking system for a customer in the airline industry. Attendees will design an IoT solution simulating data emitted from RFID tags attached to airline passengers’ checked luggage, and mobile applications to allow employees and customers to track those bags from any device.
**What You’ll Learn**
* Set up an IoT Hub, and register RFID devices
* Consider the steps required to migrate legacy systems to the Azure platform
* Connect on-premises applications to Azure using PowerApps Data Gateway
* Use Azure Functions to send and receive data from Cosmos DB
* Configure VSTS CI/CD pipelines
* Workshop content presumes 300-level of architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design.
* We suggest students take a Microsoft Azure Essentials course prior to attending this workshop.
**Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - Mobile App Innovation**
* Review the customer case study
* Design a proof of concept solution
* Present the solution
**Module 2: Hands-on Lab - Mobile App Innovation**
* Azure data, storage, and serverless environment setup
* Configure Visual Studio App Center
* Configure Azure Cosmos DB and Azure functions
* Setup IoT hub
* Connect the mobile app to the backend