Is your organization looking for a cloud adoption strategy for Dynamics GP but isn’t yet ready to move to a cloud-based SaaS ERP? Or perhaps your organization has adopted work from home policy and would like to provide employees access to Dynamics GP from anywhere securely? Azure Virtual Desktop, Microsoft’s cloud version of the tried-and-true Remote Desktop Services can provide the solution to those needs. BDO Lixar takes a unique advisory-centric and industry-focused approach to your business.
WHAT'S THE VALUE?
Move your Dynamics GP deployment to the Azure Cloud to start realizing these competitive advantages.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Financials in the Azure cloud: access Dynamics GP from any device, including iOS and Android tablets
- Azure Virtual Desktop per user license included with many Windows and Microsoft 365 subscription tiers you may already have
- Authenticate using on-premises AD synced accounts or cloud born Azure AD accounts
- Azure Virtual Desktop platform can expand to support many other on-premises applications in your cloud adoption roadmap
- Control your Azure consumption costs with Scale-out Plans: Only run the necessary resources based on the anticipated load at time of day and day of the week
- Flexible Management: BDO managed Azure Subscription or bring you own Azure Subscription
- Test Drive a demo Dynamics GP on Azure Virtual Desktop environment
BDO Lixar consulting combines industry expertise with operational excellence to help clients address business challenges - including growth and acquisition, business transformation, and digital strategy. The right services, the right solutions, the right time: BDO Lixar engages clients earlier to understand the unique challenges of their business - to identify opportunities, devise strategies, and leverage our expertise. Our 6-day advisory will assess readiness and help migrate Dynamics GP application you know and love to the Azure Cloud.
Our consulting team will take you through a discovery workshop to assess your on-premises Dynamics GP system and your readiness to move to the cloud.
We’ll then proceed with planning the migration of Dynamics GP SQL Server and the Azure Virtual Desktop implementation based on the discovery workshop. The planning stage includes:
- Project Planning: Develop a timeline, identify risks
- Technical Planning:
- Management: Subscription and Resource Groups
- Identities: Active Directory, Azure AD, Azure AD Connect, Azure AD Domain Services, Security
- Networking: Azure Virtual Network
- Compute: Azure Virtual Desktop Host Pool & Session Hosts, Dynamics GP SQL Server
- Data Migration: Migrate Dynamics GP data
- Storage: Azure Files Storage and FSLogix User Profiles
- AVD Config: App Group & Workspaces, Session Policies, Scale-out Plan, Start-On-Connect
- Monitoring: Azure Virtual Desktop Insights, Log Analytics
- Backups: Azure and SQL Backups
In this phase, we implement Azure Virtual Desktop, deploy GP SQL Server, and copy GP data.
Dynamics GP testers in your organization test accessing Dynamics GP published on Azure Virtual Desktop.
Once we receive testing sign-off, we perform a final GP data copy over to Azure and decommission your on-premises Dynamics GP.
Implementation Cost Starting at $10,000 CAD**
BDO Managed Dynamics GP on Azure Virtual Desktop Azure Subscription monthly estimate:
Starting at $1,400 CAD per month
**Your organization may qualify for a partial or full funding of this project from Microsoft.