This course teaches Azure administrators how to plan, deliver, and manage virtual desktop experiences and remote apps, for any device, on Azure.
Lessons include implementing and managing networking for Azure Virtual Desktop, configuring host pools and session hosts, creating session host images, implementing and managing FSLogix, monitoring Azure Virtual Desktop performance and health, and automating Azure Virtual Desktop management tasks.
• Students for AZ-140: Configuring and Operating Microsoft Azure Virtual Desktop are interested in delivering applications on Azure Virtual Desktop and optimizing them to run in multi-session virtual environments. • As an Azure Virtual Desktop administrator, you will closely with the Azure Administrators and Architects, along with Microsoft 365 Administrators. Azure Virtual Desktop administrator responsibilities include planning, deploying, packaging, updating, and maintaining the Azure Virtual Desktop infrastructure. • They also create session host images, implement and manage FSLogix, monitor Azure Virtual Desktop performance, and automate Azure Virtual Desktop management tasks.
• Students of this course must have solid Azure administration skills. • Students should have prior experience, including virtualization, networking, identity, storage, backup and restore, and disaster recovery. • Students should have knowledge of on-premises virtual desktop infrastructure technologies as they relate to migrating to Azure Virtual Desktop. • Students are expected to have used the tools common to the Azure environment, such as the Azure PowerShell and Cloud Shell.
• Plan an Azure Virtual Desktop Implementation 1. Azure Virtual Desktop Architecture 2. Design the Azure Virtual Desktop architecture 3. Design for user identities and profiles 4. Lab: Prepare for deployment of Azure Virtual Desktop (Azure AD DS) 5. Lab: Prepare for deployment of Azure Virtual Desktop (AD DS)
• Implement an Azure Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 1. Implement and manage networking for Azure Virtual Desktop 2. Implement and manage storage for Azure Virtual Desktop 3. Create and configure host pools and session hosts 4. Create and manage session host image 5. Lab: Create and configure host pools and session hosts (Azure AD DS) 6. Lab: Deploy host pools and session hosts by using the Azure portal (AD DS) 7. Lab: Implement and manage storage for Azure Virtual Desktop (Azure AD DS) 8. Lab: Deploy host pools and hosts by using Azure Resource Manager templates 9. Lab: Deploy and manage host pools and hosts by using PowerShell • Manage Access and Security 1. Manage access 2. Manage security 3. Lab: Configure Conditional Access policies for connections to Azure Virtual Desktop (AD DS)
• Manage User Environments and Apps 1. Implement and manage FSLogix 2. Configure user experience settings 3. Install and configure apps on a session host 4. Lab: Implement and manage Azure Virtual Desktop profiles (Azure AD DS) 5. Lab: Package Windows Azure Desktop applications (AD DS)
• Monitor and maintain an Azure Virtual Desktop infrastructure 1. Plan and implement business continuity and disaster recovery 2. Automate Azure Virtual Desktop management tasks 3. Monitor and manage performance and health 4. Lab: Implement autoscaling in host pools (AD DS)