Today, many organizations embark on a transformative journey either compelled by business or technology or both. Their on premise applications and services therefore go through a metaphoric shift to cater to the needs of emerging trend in digital world to provide top class services to customers. This foundational aspect has direct reflection on transformation on to cloud. The expectation is to boost time to market, speed of delivery, elimination of mundane tasks and yet amplify user adoption and data trust. Thus, in transformative endeavors, aided by governance doctrines, discovery phase plays a critical role in identifying on premise assets inventory, rationalization & prioritization.
In Data & Analytics space, metadata combined with machine/log data play a pivotal role in migration . Besides bringing precision to decision making, metadata fueled intelligence also enables audit and migration. Every “Cloud Migration” exercise (assisted by an effective BI governance) will look for cataloging inventory of upstream & downstream applications to eliminate and optimize aged/duplicate/unused assets. This proposition is a significant cost reducing instrument to customers.
Tech Mahindra offers “migration strategy as a service” suite of InfoWise ® a disruptive and an intelligent metadata management solution , to help customers to execute transformation in a novel way. The micro service is innovatively designed to fast track modernization and transformation imperatives.
• Provides inventory of data & analytics asset base
• Decipher what to migrate and what not to migrate - through metadata driven cognitive technique
• Optimize Inventory for migration
• Traceability of application assets from consumption to source – business unit wise
• Migration recommendation - complemented by prioritization
• Qualitative analysis on business data to further fine tune priorities
• Economy analysis – % savings by virtue of optimization
• Thinner assets’ base to migrate to target eco system
• Transformation TCO reduction by 30%
• Help in prioritization of migration steps to align with organizational preferences
• Reduction in re engineering efforts in target eco system by 20 25%
• License cost optimization in target environment by minimum of 35%
• Storage & computation cost optimization On cloud by way of On premise application inventory rationalization
• Regular monitoring of “analytics resource consumption” maximizing utilization & efficiency by 20 30%