The Avi Vantage Platform is an elastic load balancing and web application security solution for Microsoft Azure with built-in application analytics. Avi Vantage delivers an enterprise-grade software-defined solution composed of a Smart Load Balancer, Intelligent Web Application Firewall (iWAF), and an Elastic Service Mesh for container applications.
Benefits with Avi
- Easy migration of enterprise applications into Microsoft Azure cloud
- Improved operations with full automation, application analytics, and centralized management
- Simplified deployments with consistent experience on-premises and in Microsoft Azure
- Enterprise-grade, elastic L4-L7 services including SSL offload, GSLB, monitoring, and autoscaling
The Avi Controller is present via 2 BYOL SKUs:
- avi-vantage-adc-byol: Avi Controller Version 17.2.x - BYOL
- avi-vantage-adc-1801: Avi Controller Version 18.1.x - BYOL and PAYG
Note: avi-vantage-adc-1801 is currently in BETA, and should be used for non-production workloads only.
For production deployments, please use the SKU: avi-vantage-adc-byol (Avi Controller Version 17.2.x - BYOL).
The Avi Vantage Controller does not require a license, and incurs Azure infrastructure/VM costs only.
Beginning with Avi Vantage 18.1.4, the Avi Controller supports the following licensing models for the Avi Service Engines that the controller deploys:
- Bring your own license (BYOL) : License is procured directly from Avi.
- Azure Pay-as-you-go (Azure PAYG) : The Service Engines are licensed via Azure, and billed on an hourly consumption basis.
Azure PAYG Pricing:
The Service Engines deployed in Azure PAYG licensing mode incur 2 costs:
- Azure infrastructure costs (VM cost, etc)
- Azure PAYG license cost for Avi Vantage
Both of these components are billed via Microsoft Azure and are charged in your monthly Azure spend.
Pricing information for Avi PAYG License
The following licenses are available for the Avi Service Engines:
- Service Engine Bandwidth - 25M : $1 / hr PAYG license cost + Azure infrastructure charges.
- Service Engine Bandwidth - 200M : $2 / hr PAYG license cost + Azure infrastructure charges.
- Service Engine Bandwidth - 1000M : $3 / hr PAYG license cost + Azure infrastructure charges.
Please contact your Avi or Microsoft sales representative for any queries.