SkyLab’s STA, a proprietary network transport protocol that optimizes transport layer performance.
STA accelerates traffic by analysing traffic & routing conditions in real time to find the fastest route between the data source and the destination even on 2G/3G/4G, satellite and many types of IoT radio networks. STA reduces network latency, increases throughput, optimizes transport layer performance and reduces overall network congestion problems.
Up to 200% improvement in response time with SkyLab Transport Accelerator Protocol (STAP) optimization features:
- Support Wider Selective ACK(SACK) 255 NACK range while TCP supports only 3 SACK ranges
- Enables faster recovery in the high packet loss environment
- Faster packet loss detection by Improved Tail Loss Probe (TLP)
- Adaptive congestion control by real-time bandwidth change detection
- Predicts future changes 20ms ahead
- Strong encryption in transport layer – AES 256
- Encrypt protocol header and payload
- Cryptographic way of authentication of every packet
Full User Mobility
- STAP uses unique ID for each client instead of IP address and port number
- No connection drop by changes of network
- Allows for seamless transition between different network types (fixed line, LTE, satellite, etc) with no interruption or connection loss.
- Automatic failover to redundant network type in case of disruption.
- Thresholds can be configured to control when the switchover will take place (signal degradation, loss of connection).
- Switchover can also be configured as a manual intervention, requiring user input to control.
FusionWire (Bandwidth Bonding)
- Use multi-number of networks simultaneously for multi-path delivery – Maximize utilization of available capacity
- Support for various Load Balancing algorithms for all connected networks – RR, WRR, Hash, Dynamic, etc.
QoS & CoS (Quality of Service & Class of Service)
- Allocate bandwidth limits on each STA device and allocate limits on individual client connections
- Centrally manage all STA devices maximum permitted bandwidth