Deploying Windows Virtual Desktop Environment as a Proof of Concept
Windows Virtual Desktop is an extensive cloud service for virtualizing desktops and applications. It offers a full desktop virtualization experience in the Cloud. The service focuses on simplified management and a new OS called Windows 10 Enterprise multi-session. Windows Virtual Desktop also supports optimizations for Office365 and support for RDS environments.
The service, that is ran in the Azure Cloud, offers a complete desktop virtualization that can be reached on any device. This includes Windows, MacOS, Android, IOS and HTML5 browsers.
Our POC includes:
• FitGap analysis for WVD readiness on existing Customer’s IT Infrastructure.
• Setup of Azure subscriptions, Azure AD Connect and supporting identity and networking systems to ensure readiness for WVD
• Create a custom Windows 10 multi-session image as per the requirement
• Install Teams with AV Redirection media optimizations in WVD
• FSLogix Profile Container as a profile delivery solution either with on-premise storage or Cloud storage.
• Deliver and test WVD delivery to mobile, tablet, desktop, and web devices to confirm functionality.
• Review ongoing management requirements and make recommendations
Deliverables in 1 Week Proof of Concept:
• Windows Virtual Desktop Environment
• Host pool with App Groups
• Customize Windows 10 multi-session Image
• Integration with M365 Services with WVD
• Teams Audio/Video redirection in WVD
• User Profile Disk management using FSLogix