This assessment gives you a clear picture of the Azure Data Warehouse solution and its implementation in your IT infrastructure
This assessment gives you a clear picture of the Azure Data Warehouse solution and its implementation in your IT infrastructure, developed in three main steps:
You will get an overview about the state-of-the-art of the Azure Data Platform offering: both new and well-established services, common problems that could arise and how to solve them.
Also, security will be a pivotal topic throughout the whole session, both in general and service-specific terms. The envisioning session will have a practical approach, with real-world use cases and best practices from field experience.
The second step will consists in gathering information about the actual data ecosystem of the customer, like:
• database services and data sources currently in use
• types of workload
• ETL/ELT processes
• access and security requirements
• pain points of the actual solution
• desired improvements
• constraints to keep in mind
Gathered data will then be used to design one or more proposals to move the actual architecture to Azure, or to host in Azure a brand new one (depending on what the customer is asking for). Such proposals will include:
• a conceptual schema of the solution
• a descriptive list of the service which compose the architecture
• the reasons that led to such choices
• any pros, cons, and attention points
• a possible range of monthly cost to maintain the solution.