Double-Up Cloud Migration: 6-Week Implementation
Azure migration for smooth and seamless modernization of legacy applications and infrastructure.
VOLO is a certified Microsoft Gold Partner and a global software development and innovation company, with extensive experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud Infrastructure (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) implementation, migration, automation, deployment, monitoring integration and operations management.
To address enterprise and IT issues such as legacy physical infrastructure and high costs of its support, limited or absent scalability and flexibility in existing environments as well as for leveraging the wide spectrum of cloud adoption advantages – financial flexibility, cost optimization, faster time-to-market, efficiency and scalability, Volo offers its Double-Up Microsoft Azure Migration implementation for smooth modernization of legacy applications through Microsoft Azure cloud, without operational disruptions, functionality losses or operational disruptions.
• On-prem application, data, infrastructure discovery
• Mapping of dependencies
• Prioritization of applications for migration
• Determining migration strategy – Rehost, Refactor, Rearchitect, Rebuild
• Design of data availability and resiliency
• Determining data transfer strategy
• Evaluation of TCO
At this stage migrated Azure-based resources are streamlined, security and performance are assessed and enhanced, cost management processes are integrated.
Given the proposed infrastructure architecture and migration strategy chosen, below three approaches and their hybrid combinations (implemented in stages) would be considered:
IaaS – Infrastructure as a Service
PaaS – Platform as a Service
SaaS – Software as a Service
Migration process technical steps:
• Complete discovery of present client software infrastructure and workloads
• Assessment of target Microsoft Azure infrastructure needs and specifics of the structure
• Risk assessment and contingency planning for rollbacks
• Decision of relevant tools for implementation, workload – destination match
• Intermediate hybrid migration implementation upon necessity – Proof of Concept
• Evaluation of current advancement
• Further steps of complete migration acknowledged
• Final approval of the Azure architecture
• Full documentation on results and processes implemented
• Design of outstanding cloud infrastructure architecture – taking into account client processes’ specificities, company needs and requirements
• Implementation of the client IT infrastructure migration and integration – complete or hybrid cloud adoption
• Analysis and briefing on further cloud service and DevOps needs
• Best scenario cloud adoption taking into account client SLA including acceptable service interruptions
• Post implementation support
Note: the pricing and the duration for the service depends on a number of factors including (but not limited to) customer size, workloads involved and geographical spread.