Deploy and manage enterprise-class networking services and VPN technologies for the Azure cloud.
The Cisco Cloud Services Router (CSR) 1000v is a full-featured Cisco IOS XE router, enabling enterprise-class networking services in the Azure cloud. The following are examples of how the CSR is being used to enable enterprise-class hybrid clouds.
- Extend enterprise VPN architectures into your private cloud: The CSR 1000v supports IPsec, DMVPN, FlexVPN, Easy VPN, and SSLVPN, and configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting with familiar IOS commands. No per-tunnel VPN fees.
- Interconnect multiple regions and clouds: Using dynamic routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP for multi-tier architectures within Azure, and interconnect with corporate locations or other clouds.
- Secure, inspect, and audit hybrid cloud network traffic: Zone Based Firewall provides an application-aware firewall. IP SLA and Application Visibility and Control (AVC) can discover performance issues, fingerprint application flows, and export detailed flow data.
!!!!! Note - Important Update - Please Read !!!!!
- Azure now requires that the CSR 1000v be deployed in a new Resource Group. The CSR 1000v can still be attached to an existing network.
- If the CSR 1000v is attached to an existing Virtual Network, the existing network's route tables will not be altered.
Cisco TAC support is included with the BYOL CSR license. For the PAYG CSR, Cisco TAC support is NOT included. Customers that want to have TAC support can purchase a 1 year support contract directly from Cisco or their Cisco Partner. If you don't have a Cisco Partner please refer to our Partner locator web-page to find a partner who can help.