SAS Institute Inc. - Global
Start with SAS® 9.4, add workload balancing, high availability and faster processing in a flexible, centrally managed grid computing environment. Combined with patented technology, SAS® Grid Manager delivers enterprise-class capabilities enabling SAS solutions to provide workload balancing, high availability and parallel processing for analytics jobs and processes.
SAS 9 combines proven tools that enable users to access nearly any data source, analyze it and transform it into meaningful and valuable visualizations that help decision makers gain a quick understanding of critical issues. It is the core analytic and data management engine focused on:
- Standardizing data governance and management. An extensive range of deep analytics. Solutions that modernize and integrate with existing operations, deploy as containers, run in a grid, and drive value from analytics results.
- Getting up and running faster than ever. Reduce the time required to install, manage and maintain SAS deployments. SAS 9.4 takes advantage of distributed computing and storage technologies, cloud data sources, and open standards.
- Reducing potential vulnerabilities, and better meet internal security requirements including Transport Layer Security (TLS) hardening and enhanced encryption for SAS data and passwords.
On a SAS Grid
SAS 9 on Grid on SAS Cloud enables your organization to meet peak computing demands reliably and cost-effectively.
- Balance your workloads: SAS Grid Manager provides the flexibility to meet service level commitments by easily reassigning computing resources.
- Be ready for anything with a highly available SAS computing environment: Having multiple servers in a grid computing environment enables jobs to run on the best available resource.
- Divide and conquer: Multiprocessing capabilities let you divide individual jobs into subtasks that run in parallel, reducing processing time.
From the SAS Cloud
SAS 9 on Grid is available as a managed service on the SAS Cloud via the Microsoft Azure Marketplace. Your organization can get the value of SAS software in a fully managed environment, operated by SAS on the SAS Cloud. The SAS Cloud runs entirely on Microsoft Azure, providing you with the safety and security found on Azure.
The SAS Cloud offers the best of SAS by bringing SAS technology and SAS experts together. With skills in automation, monitoring, management, and issue resolution coupled with a high touch, high value service model the SAS Cloud delivers value and agility in the fastest time possible, ensuring your SAS solution is available as needed, enabling you to focus on achieving important business improvements.