Dell EMC Avamar Virtual Edition (AVE) offers industry leading backup, dr and replication for Azure.
AVE is a software-defined version of the industry leading protection software, Dell EMC Avamar. AVE offers the same comprehensive data protection for in-cloud and on-premises workloads. AVE also extends data protection to the cloud with long-term retention and disaster recovery in Azure. Administration and configuration are simplified with integration into Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager. In addition, AVE offers unified management of all application backup and recovery tasks. Azure users will benefit from fast, efficient data backup and restore through a complete software solution. Equipped with native deduplication technology, AVE facilitates fast, daily full backups for virtual environments, remote offices, enterprise applications, network-attached storage (NAS) servers, and desktops/laptops.
The main benefits of Avamar:
- Flexible cloud deployment option including backup of workloads running in Azure as well as LTR and DR to Azure
- Local backup supported on Azure in commercial regions
- Up to 16TB (0.5TB, 1TB, 2TB, 4TB, 8TB, and 16TB increments) usable capacity available or up to 96TB usable capacity with DD VE Integration
- Optimized Bandwidth (Backup sends only changed blocks, reducing network traffic) >
- Replication (with or without PowerProtect DD Integration)
- Between on-prem and the cloud
- Between the same or different regions in the cloud
- Integration with PowerProtect DD Virtual Edition and DDBoost delivers an industry leading, software only data protection solution
Interested in trying Avamar Virtual Edition before you buy, a 90-day trial license is included!
Can be upgraded by purchasing a license directly from Dell EMC or an authorized Dell EMC partner/reseller.