Easily migrate your IBM Power workloads to the cloud without the need to rewrite or replatform
Skytap is a service in Azure that natively runs IBM Power and x86 traditional workloads on hardware in Azure data centers. Organizations of any size that run IBM Power based AIX, IBM i, or Linux operating systems can migrate them to Azure with little upfront effort. By using Skytap to run traditional workloads in Microsoft Azure, companies can extend the capabilities of critical business applications, ensure business continuity, and spur innovation. Once an application is migrated, developers can leverage Azure cloud services not previously available to them while also connecting to on-premises resources using Azure ExpressRoute. The Skytap service provides consumption-based pricing, on-demand access to compute and storage resources, self-service provisioning, and extensibility through REST APIs.
- Easily migrate to the cloud without rewriting or replatforming.
- Extend Power workloads with native Azure services.
- Innovate and iterate at your own pace using standard cloud development practices.
- Dev/Test - Accelerate DevOps and increase your test coverage using on-demand resources.
- Disaster Recovery - Leverage Skytap on Azure as the DR site for your entire suite of traditional applications or use one of the supported HA/DR services to set up a resilient cloud service.
- Production - Run your production AIX, IBM i and x86 solution with secure connectivity to on-premises system via ExpressRoute.
- Virtual Labs - Templates and Environments make it easy to demo your application and deliver virtual training labs your customers and users.
- Provision resource in seconds with self-service access to production-ready environments.
- Eliminate configuration drift with cloneable environments that are identical down to IP addresses.
- Automate Skytap with Terraform and through RESTful APIs.
- Support for IBM PowerHA, HelpSystems RobotHA, Syncsort Mimix, Maxava, and more.
- Supports popular IBM i operator functions like Active boot Modes and Dedicated Service Tools (DST).
- Manage your spending for dynamic and always-on workloads with controls to prevent unplanned overages.