Cisco Cloud Services Router (CSR) 1000V
Cisco Systems, Inc.
The Cisco Cloud Services Router (CSR) 1000v is a full-featured Cisco IOS XE router, enabling enterprise-class networking services in the Azure cloud. The following are examples of how the CSR is being used to enable enterprise-class hybrid clouds.
- Extend enterprise VPN architectures into your private cloud: The CSR 1000v supports IPsec, DMVPN, FlexVPN, Easy VPN, and SSLVPN, and configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting with familiar IOS commands. No per-tunnel VPN fees.
- Interconnect multiple regions and clouds: Using dynamic routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP for multi-tier architectures within Azure, and interconnect with corporate locations or other clouds.
- Secure, inspect, and audit hybrid cloud network traffic: Zone Based Firewall provides an application-aware firewall. IP SLA and Application Visibility and Control (AVC) can discover performance issues, fingerprint application flows, and export detailed flow data.
!!!!! Note - Important Update - Please Read !!!!!
- Azure now requires that the CSR 1000v be deployed in a new Resource Group. The CSR 1000v can still be attached to an existing network.
- If the CSR 1000v is attached to an existing Virtual Network, the existing network's route tables will not be altered.