VyOS Universal Router brings advanced networking capabilities to Azure
VyOS is an open-source network OS based on GNU/Linux that provides a unified management interface for all functions like traditional hardware routers.
It runs on bare metal as well as all major hypervisors and cloud platforms, so you can use the same OS everywhere and connect your on-premises networks with cloud sites without the limitations and costs of vendor-specific VPN solutions, or you can build inexpensive remote access VPN for your remote workers.
VyOS includes everything you’d expect from a router:
- industry routing protocols (BGP, OSPF v2/v3, RIP)
- policy-based and multipath routing
- VPN and tunneling protocols (IPsec, VTI, L2TP, OpenVPN, Wireguard, GRE, IPIP, SIT, VXLAN, L2TPv3)
- stateful and zone-based firewall
- high availability (VRRP, connection table synchronization)
- QoS and shaping
- NetFlow and sFlow traffic accounting
Image-based update, stateful CLI with commit and rollback capabilities, and built-in config versioning and archiving provide simple and reliable system management.
Built-in Saltstack integration and official ansible module allow automating configuration workflow. For custom automation solutions, an HTTP API is available.