This 3-day App Modernization workshop contains theoretic and practical tasks. It is also designed to help you to start working with Azure DevOps Services, Azure App etc.
Content: Every modern business is powered by applications, such as internal procurement applications, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, retail websites, and third-party products. As your business prepares for digital transformation, it’s important to begin modernizing and migrating your applications and infrastructure to the cloud. Azure is a key component of that process. You can choose to migrate, modernize, or build cloud native solutions depending on your business goals and how you assess your application portfolio. This is a strategic decision. You’ll be able to choose the path that’s right for your organization.
Day 1: Information and presentation about the content of the following App Modernization • Serverless Concept • Azure App Service • Logic Apps • Function App • Microservice, Containers and Orchestration • Container Registry • Container Instance • Container Apps • Azure Kubernetes Service • Api Management • GitHub • Azure DevOps • Application Insights
Day 2: Azure Application Services Demo\Lab
Azure App Service
• Azure App Service will be installed through the Azure Portal and a sample .NET application will be deployed.
• Provided within the App service; Demo work will be done on features such as slot, custom domain, TLS/SSL adjustments, autoscale operations, Clone App.
• Network integration and config configuration will be carried out.
• Displays will be provided on the Kudu/Console interface.
• Information will be given about App Service Plan and SKU.
• With the Function App installation, a simple code block will be created and tested. • Serverless C# API will be deployed. • Network connection and private site access will be provided. • With the deployed API, changes will be made on the database. Logic App • Logic App will be installed via Azure Portal. • When there is a change on the VM, the scenario of sending an e-mail to the specified people will be presented. Api Management • Api Management service will be installed and a demo Api will be imported. • Necessary configurations for Product, Subscription, Named values, backend, developer portal, gateway, custom domain and vnet integration features will be made on the Demo API.
Day 3: Containers and Orchestration & DevOps Demo\Lab Container Registers • Container Register Service will be installed. • The images on Ducker HUB will be pushed to the container register with docker commands. (Solutions will be provided to show that Docker commands are also valid in container register.) Container Apps • Container Apps will be installed. • Microsoft images on Docker Hub will be pulled and deployed. • After installation, existing applications will be scaled with KEDA and application deployment will be provided with Dapr. • Network, Core Component and Revision configs will be configured with Envoy. Azure Kubernetes Service • Azure Kubernetes Service will be installed. • An AKS installation with Vnet integration, systems assigned and container registered connection will be made. • The solution and foreseen scenarios that can be provided with AKS will be shared. • Dapr, Helm/Container Registery and existing Demo applications on AKS will be deployed on the Kubernetes portal. • Cluster configuration and vnet integration will be done with KUBERNETES Management Commands run via CLI. • Storage; Testing will be performed on basic features such as pvc, secret and config. • By providing version controls; Autoscale and AKS Horizontal pod autoscaler studies will be carried out. • By defining the rule in the applications we deploy; A demo work will be carried out on topics such as writing a yaml file and deploying application. • By editing the secret and config files; A demo study about security and its protection will be carried out. Azure DevOps • Azure DevOps organization will be set up and a new project will be created. • In the created Project, a narration will be given on the portal about Azure boards, Azure Repos, Azure Pipeline, Azure Artifact services. • Information about Azure DevOps Service features and config will be shared on a project or organization basis via the Azure Portal. • Import and validation processes of the source codes to be used in the project will be carried out. • Terraform, Ansible or ARM template will be used for the application to be deployed. • After the installation, validation will be carried out by preparing CI for the release, and then the installation will be completed by preparing a CD and creating a trigger. • After the installation is completed, an environment will be created for developers on the Azure Portal. • In order to keep the versions of the source code, a feed will be created in the Azure Artifact • Deployments that can be made to Azure compute and orchestration applications on Azure DevOps will be mentioned, and a different CI/CD will be prepared for continuous deployment over AKS and Azure DevOps.
For more information visit: https://nephosystems.com