SyncWords offers automation technologies, cloud-based tools, and services for closed captioning.
SyncWords Automation Technologies and Tools
We automate the tedious, time-consuming tasks in the captioning process. We support full automation that completes in a fraction of the media runtime. We enable semi-automated workflows, allowing for human review and cleanup of transcripts and captions where needed,
We align every word spoken in your media with its corresponding text, whether generated by speech recognition or via a supplied transcript, with millisecond precision and industry leading accuracy.
We leverage Azure Cognitive Services to convert speech to text.
We position captions to avoid overlap with areas that contain important visual information.
We optimize caption and subtitle files for UX and readibility, and allow custom parameters for line length, timing rules, reading rate, and more.
We leverage Microsoft Translator to automate translation between 40 languages.
Pro Caption Editor
A full-featured caption editor suitable for broadcast and OTT projects. Web-based and allows for review and cleanup of captions generated by SyncWords.
A transcript editor ideal for review and cleanup of ASR text. Web-based interactive editing of the synchronized transcript. Edits retimed on the fly ensuring that exports are available immediately.
In addition, SyncWords offers a wealth of other features -
- Public API
- Collaborative tools
- Supports multiple users with roles and granular permissions
- Tools for organizing, archiving, and searching
- 60+ caption, subtitle, transcript, and data exports
- Presets, dictionaries, glossaries, and other tools
SyncWords is most commonly used for captioning and subtitling although customers find other creative uses for our software.
- Closed captioning
- Open captioning
- Karaoke captioning
- Captioning of video and audio to make content accessible, in accordance with 508 Standards and W3C Guidelines, conforming at the AAA level.
- Foreign language subtitling
- Subtitling for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audiobook synchronization
- Interactive transcripts
- Media indexing and search
SyncWords is for those committed to quality captioning and finding the most cost-effective, efficient way to achieve that goal.
- Broadcasters and Media Companies
- Post-Production Companies and Captioning Providers
- Government agencies
- Educational organizations
- Corporate customers
- Independent producers
- Deaf and hard of hearing professionals