VM image for FlashGrid Cluster nodes
FlashGrid Cluster is an engineered cloud system designed for database high availability. FlashGrid Cluster is delivered as a fully integrated Infrastructure-as-Code template that you can customize and deploy to your IaaS cloud account with a few mouse clicks.
- Run your most critical databases in Azure
- Highly available clustered database with 2, 3, or more nodes
- Proven Oracle RAC database engine
- Multi-AZ deployment for maximum availability
- Repeatable Infrastructure-as-Code deployment
- Performance optimized for the most demanding workloads
- 24/7 support
This VM image is designed for use with FlashGrid Cluster Launcher, an online tool that generates Azure Resource Manager templates in a few mouse clicks.
FlashGrid Cluster solves the problem of achieving strict uptime SLAs for mission critical databases and enables lift-and-shift migrations of existing Oracle RAC clusters from a traditional data center to the Azure cloud. Compared to "build your own" fail-over designs using various replication techniques, FlashGrid Cluster offers an engineered, well-tested, and repeatable solution based on proven Oracle RAC active-active database engine.
For a CIO, FlashGrid Cluster offers the most seamless approach for a complete move to the Azure cloud of application stacks that must have a highly available database backend.
For a DBA or a System Administrator, FlashGrid Cluster provides a familiar database, clusterware, and Linux OS environment that allows full control of database features, security, and patching.
FlashGrid Cluster uses the following Azure Cloud elements and features:
- Virtual Machines
- Managed Premium SSD disks
- Accelerated Networking
- Availability Zones or Availability Sets
- Azure Resource Manager templates