Postgres Professional is a key contributor to PostgreSQL community.
At Postgres Professional we develop Postgres Pro Database, a private PostgreSQL fork.
Each new Postgres Pro Database version is the latest PostgreSQL database version with patches committed to PostgreSQL community and Postgres Pro extensions/patches which are open source in most cases.
Postgres Pro Database is available in both Standard and Enterprise editions.
Postgres Pro Standard Database comes with SQL and NoSQL support in a single high performing and reliable solution.
Postgres Pro Enterprise Database contains more features on top of Postgres Pro Standard Database to work with large databases and process lots of transactions.
- Compressed file system (CFS) to minimize data footprint which allows the database to run faster
- Multimaster to setup high-performance, scalable, fault-tolerant shared-nothing cluster with synchronous logical replication
- Advanced table partitioning to manage large databases easier
- Incremental block-level backup to protect the database more efficiently
- In-memory data processing for faster operations with critical data
- Advanced task scheduler, query optimizer hints, transportable tables, built-in connection pooler and other features to simplify database manageability
- Autonomous transactions, 64-bit transaction counter (XID), covering indexes, ML-based adaptive query planning and other features to build applications
Here you can find more information about Postgres Pro Enterprise 12 features.
- Postgres Pro Database customers can get technical support via firstname.lastname@example.org